We at Artesian Tan know how it feels to have been blessed with a natural, sun-kissed skin hue. But we also know just how hard it can be to get a perfect tan when you are forced to rock a pale type of skin.
Pale skin can truly be a pain in the neck, especially for those who think that having a tan is a must. Since most pale skin persons know that burning your skin is not an option for various reasons, they opt for the best possible alternative solution, and that is of course – spray on tan.
However, knowing how to properly use any kind of fake tan is extremely crucial, for both aesthetic and health reasons. Especially when it comes to spray tan for pale skin as some spray on tans tend to look rather bad on pale skin, so some trial and error may be a possibility.
On the other hand, if you read this article thoroughly and follow our tips carefully, you can achieve a perfect tan even after your first try.
Pro Spray Tan For Pale Skin Tips
Should you decide to opt for the DIY at-home spray tanning session, we suggest you follow these steps:
- Shower and thoroughly exfoliate your entire body, including your face. You can use a scrub.
- Dry your entire body using a towel. Do this thoroughly as well.
- Put on a pair of socks, gloves, and your shower cap.
- Step into your shower booth or your bathtub.
- Apply the tanning solution onto your body, and do it in sections. We suggest you start with your legs and work your way up. NOTE: make sure you rub it in as thoroughly as possible.
- When doing your face, make sure you spray a fine mist from about 12-inch distance, but DO NOT rub the solution in.
- Once your face is done, take off your socks and apply the tanning solution to your feet as well. Rubbing in is ok with your feet.
- Remove the gloves, hold your hands out as if you’re making a claw and spray a fine mist on them, without any rubbing.
- Once you’re done, let your whole body dry naturally. As for the clothes, make sure you wear loose clothing only.
- Leave the spray tan on overnight to develop.
- Rinse off the next morning in the shower. You can use body-wash, but not excessively.
The S-Shape Spraying Method
As far as the very method of applying the spray tan is concerned, we suggest you opt for the so-called “S” direction when it comes to your body parts that aren’t your hands, feet and face. For face, hands, and feet, as we already mentioned, we recommend spraying a fine mist.
Quality Spray Nozzle Is A Must
Whatever type of fake tan you opt for, make sure it features a spray nozzle, and a good one too. We recommend going with an adjustable nozzle that is able to control the amount of the solution you are applying. This way, you likely won’t overdo it.
Opt For A Professional Spray Tanning Session
To be honest, having a DIY spray tan for pale skin session on your own can be quite risky, especially if you are new to spray tanning. This is why we at Artesian Tan strongly recommend going to a professional spray tanning salon and receiving a pro session.
You can also use this opportunity to talk to spray tanning technicians at the salon and inquire about everything you need to know regarding spray tanning.
Make sure you check out the Artesian Tan website and check out our cool offers. Should you need anything from tanning solutions to professional spray tanning equipment, we have it!