Creating a perfect base tan is essential for anybody who uses sunless tanning products, but it is especially important for competing athletes and dancers. First of all, what is a base coat? It is the first coat of a spray tan and sets the foundation for the following layers.
Achieving that natural glaze is really hard when you overdo your tanning. The key is to create the perfect base, while still allowing color depth.
The secret to this is to use only the best tanning solutions (like Kahuna Bay Spray Tanning products) and the method detailed below:
1. Make sure that the skin is hydrated in has the right pH-levels before applying the spray tan. This allows perfect color development.
2. Create an even first coat with Kahuna Bay. Don't use crazy amounts, sheer is best and ensures that the product is evenly dispersed and applied without flaws.
3. Once this is done, you will need a to use an Over Spray Extraction Booth. This extracts any extra spray tan from the air, so your customer can relax and let this coat dry.
By using it, you're not just drying the tan, but you are opening the skin's pores for deeper color development for your further applications.
4. Apply the second coat after drying the skin. This coat will develop much darker thanks to the good and meticulous work you’ve done with the first coat. The second coat will absorb much easier into the skin thanks to the open pores.
5. Leave the product to rest on the skin for a minimum of 24 hours. Make sure that your first shower is with cold or lukewarm water.
6. Lastly, check out the results 24 hours after initial application. If you still need more color, then repeat the given steps the next day.
As you can see, all it takes is a little patience and focus. Remember, if you have any questions about spray tanning, get in touch with our team of experts at Artesian Tan!