When it comes to keeping your gorgeous sunless tan looking good as long as possible, there is an abundant amount of tips but just how many of them do you actually practice? Take a look at the list below to brush up on some of your pre-tanning tips and post tanning care to keep that bronze glow looking great even longer!
- Before tanning, you want to make sure that all makeup, moisturizers, and lotions have been removed from your skin. These will definitely hinder the application of the sunless tan and leave you unsatisfied with the results.
- It is highly recommended that you exfoliate your clean skin with a body scrub specially designed for pre-tan use. Norvell Amber Sun Body Scrub is one of the best on the market- it exfoliates and polishes skin, evens out tone and texture to prep skin for flawless color application. Just massage onto warm, wet skin in a circular motion, even your face.
- To ensure that you get a deeper, more golden brown tan that looks real, this helps to balance the pH level of your skin to enhance the DHA reaction. Norvell Amber Sun XL-A-TAN pH Balance should be used just before your sunless tanning session over the entire area that you wish to tan.
- Now you are ready for your session with your clean, exfoliated and balanced skin.
- One of the most frequently asked questions is, “How long after a spray tan can I shower?” and the answer to that is a minimum of 4 hours or 8 hours to allow the DHA reaction to achieve optimal results.
- Be sure to keep your skin moisturized every day to help protect and extend your sunless tan. Dry skin is more likely to flake off and leaves an uneven tan over time. To protect against dry skin that can result from the DHA products, use a moisturizing body wash like California Tan Body Wash and body lotion like Norvell Amber Sun Body Butter every day.
- Using a color booster or skin perfector is another good idea to help get perfect, long lasting results. Dancing with the Stars- Endurance Color Boosting Skin Perfector is an excellent choice for a spray tan extender. Rub into your skin for immediate radiance and color begins to develop in a few short hours that will extend your sunless tan in between sessions.
Priming your skin before and protecting your tan after are the best ways to achieve perfect results from your sunless tan. All the products mentioned above and many more can be found on our Pre and Post-Sunless Products Page.