Skin cancer is the most common and most preventable type of cancer.
- One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime.
- Around 9,500 people are diagnosed daily.
- On average, one person dies of melanoma every hour.
- People who use a tanning bed before age 35 increase their risk of melanoma (the deadliest form of skin cancer) by 75%, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Reduce Your Risk
Despite the frightening statistics, approximately 85% of skin melanoma cases are caused by UV overexposure, so protecting your skin from harmful UV rays is the simplest way to reduce your risk.
- Wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15 every day.
- Wear a hat (in addition to sunscreen) to protect the delicate skin on your face.
- Eyes are also susceptible to the effect of harmful UV rays, so wear sunglasses outdoors.
- Seek shade from 10am-4pm, when UV rays are the most intense.
- Do not use tanning beds, which deliver a concentrated blast of UV rays that put users as particular risk of developing skin cancer.
By practicing all of these sun safety recommendations, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of skin cancer in your future. However, that does not mean you can’t enjoy the aesthetic of golden tan skin. Just skip the tanning bed and get a spray tan!
Tan Without the Sun
In the past, spray tans had a reputation for looking orange and streaky, but today’s sunless tanning creams and solutions yield natural-looking, uniform results, especially when applied by a spray tan professional. If you’ve never tried a spray tan or were dissatisfied with a spray tan in the past, now is the time to give it a chance.
Our mission at Artesian Tan is to promote the widespread use of safe, sunless tanning products. One new sunless tanner is one less person multiplying their risk of skin cancer under the lights of a tanning bed.
We pride ourselves on carrying products that yield the best, most natural looking results. We offer a complete range of spray tan solutions, supplies and equipment. We also offer wholesale pricing and business support to people who want to start a spray tan business or expand a current business to include spray tans.