Dancers are known for their fabulous tan and healthy glow. Our Competition Spray Tanning Solution will make their body look much better under strong lighting. This is why pre-competition tan rituals are important for dancers, cheerleaders and other athletes on the stage.
Here are a few tanning tips for dancers and cheerleaders to help them prepare their skin before tanning:
- Make sure you have given your tan at least one day to let the color develop and darken. The most practical time-frame for tanning is two days prior to show.
- Always test a small patch of skin before using self-tanners on your whole body. This is very important as certain tanners can look orange while others will look bronze and natural.
- Make sure your skin is well exfoliated. Use a body scrub several days or even weeks before your event. This will get your skin smooth and enable the even application. Pay particular attention to any rough areas such as knees, elbows or ankles.
- Avoid using moisturizers, deodorants, make-up, or perfumes on your skin prior to your spray tan as this creates a barrier between the spray tan and your skin. A shower before you get tanned is ideal to get rid of any product build-up over the day.
- Start with the application from your legs and then work your way up.
- Do not shave your legs before application. If you do this, the tan will seep right into your pores and become more visible a few days after. Remove any unwanted hair 24 hours before tanning.
- Do not apply moisturizer directly before application. Some tanning solutions can dry out your skin, so be sure that you've moisturized it well a few days before.
- If you're tanning yourself at home, it is always good to have a helper, especially for your back. Make sure your helper is wearing gloves.
- Do not wet your skin for at least 2 hours after tanning. Once your spray tan has been applied, you must leave it to dry completely. Do not dress until you are completely dry.
- If you want to minimize the transfer of color to costumes, you can apply a translucent powder to your freshly applied tan.
In addition to these general cheerleaders tanning tips, it is important to use a high-quality product that will nourish your skin and make it glow. Choose one of our competition spray tan solutions such as Kahuna Bay Comp Tan, Norvell's BLACK OUT Competition Solution or any other product from our wide selection of tanning kits, spray tan applicators, applicator mitts and more.
For more information visit our online shop www.artesiantan.com