Part of the spray tanning business is ensuring that your client becomes well-educated and self-sufficient in self-tanning. It is always important to provide advice and guidance, but great tanning salons will boast a customer base that, hypothetically, could be safe and suitable on their own.
Let’s take a moment to review the tanning process and then get into the most important tanning supplies. Ingesting these reminders is helpful for you, too. It makes teaching your clients that much more natural and fluid.
- Put your hair up, tie it off and place a hairnet over the entire scalp.
- Remember to use a barrier cream. It goes in all the crease areas to avoid darker or lighter tan lines. Remember to put in behind the elbow and knees. Sweating is common in these areas, too, so it should help keep the color smooth and limit running.
- Wear disposable sandals or sticky feet. The last thing you want is colored soles of your feet!
- Layer on a spray base. This is an important reminder, especially if you want your client to achieve the longest lasting, smoothest tan possible.
- Step out and remove sticky feet.
- Dry the base with a fan. Be patient, drying is necessary for the longevity of the tan.
- Using a brush dipped in powder, fill in the creased areas to even out the tan.
Each step is equally important. Following them in every tanning session and reminding your customers of the steps at each appointment is essential to a healthy, effective tanning experience! Post the steps in your salon rooms, on laminated cards in the lobby, and walk through the steps with your client at each visit. It’s always good to be reminded of the proper way to do things.
Now, let's discuss the importance of quality spray tanning equipment and which pieces are most worth the consistent investment.
First, we have the tent. A high-quality tanning tent is essential in any mobile tanning business. Artesian Tan tents are made of the finest materials, and the quality of tan is reflected so.
A pop-up spray tanning tent is a perfect choice for performing a personal tan in the comfort of your client’s home. Pop-ups pop right into shape and are so easy to store, which makes them perfect for travel. Pop-up tents provide the cleanest experience, so you can say goodbye to worrying about getting residue on your client’s belongings or furniture.
A spray tanning kit is the second most important investment. Artesian Tan kits come with everything you need to maintain your business. Kits are affordable, which makes covering overhead more feasible. An option for an airbrush tanning kit is available, and you can always reach out to customer service to find out which kit option is best for you.
Lastly, always provide adequate safety wear! Some of your clients are going to come in with their own equipment, but others will not even know how to use the pieces you provide. Be sure to include everything necessary for a clean, healthy experience and to walk the client through the purpose and effectiveness of each accessory. Charging for safety gear is up to you. What’s important is that you have everything on hand for your client! Don’t forget about undergarments, gloves, sticky feet and eye protection. Check out our safety wear shop, and make sure you have everything we’ve listed.
That’s a lot of important pieces! But adhering to these guidelines will ensure that your clients have an optimal experience and that you are providing the best business experience possible. When you’re ready to invest in all the right pieces, reach out to our team for advice. We will make sure you are set up to satisfaction and ready for sunless success.